- Court-ordered Community Service
Court-ordered Community Service
How to Obtain Court-Ordered Service Hours
Sunset Zoo accepts members of the public for court-ordered community service Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM. When choosing Sunset Zoo to complete your mandated community service hours, please understand the following restrictions:
- We can accept a total of three community service volunteers per day.
- Community service volunteers are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Please arrive early to secure your position.
- Community service volunteers should check-in at the zoo's administrative office upon arrival.
- Community service volunteers will be participating in manual labor activities around the zoo.
How to dress while performing community service hours
Please make sure you are dressed appropriately for the weather; you will most likely be outdoors. If you are not dressed in appropriate attire, you will not be accepted to perform your community service hours. All volunteers should please wear the following:
- Long pants made of sturdy material such as denim, corduroy or other similar material
- Shirts with sleeves (no tank tops)
- Family friendly apparel, please make sure clothing graphics are suitable for our audience.
- Closed-toed shoes with backs (no clogs or mules)
What to bring while performing community service hours
Community service volunteers may benefit from bringing the following items:
- Personal pair of gloves
- Water bottle with water
- Sun glasses or hat
- Sunscreen and Bug Repellant
For additional questions please contact Sunset Zoo by phone 785-587-2737 and indicate you are asking about court-ordered community service hours.