- Feature Links
- Booth & Donation Request Forms
- MHKPRD Reopening Phases COVID -19
Sunset Zoo Reopening Details
We are ready to open to the public as an outdoor park only for all to enjoy!
A special note to our members, we value you and have missed you. We welcome you back first as a valued member and will be honoring the time you lost as a member this year. FOSZ Memberships will be extended for the time period we were closed.
For all guests, members and non-members alike, please use the tabbed information below to stay informed on how we at Sunset Zoo are maintaining safe guidelines during our reopening phases.
Please use this link for the map full view with a QR Code.
We are now open DAILY (Monday - Sunday) Seven Days a Week.
Hours of Operation: 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Tickets are only valid on the date of purchase.
We strongly encourage debit and credit card purchases to avoid the handling of cash.
Dates and times are subject to change.
Sunset Zoo COVID-19 Guidelines
We strongly encourage guests to utilize masks as a health and wellness precaution. All staff of Sunset Zoo are also highly encouraged to wear masks as a health precaution.
1. Maintain 6 feet of space between family groups. No more than 10 people per group.
2. Please take turns at viewing windows. Be courteous to guests and staff.
3. Please review our new map and watch for signage to guide you through your visit.
4. For the safety of our guests, staff, and animals, if you do not feel well, please stay home.
- All indoor areas closed to the public
- ADA accessible restrooms near the playground will be open to the public and cleaned routinely
- One water fountain that is attached to the concession stand will be operation for bottle refills ONLY.
- No rentals of wagons or strollers
- The Gift Shop and Concession Stand will be CLOSED
- Vending Machines will be accessible
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the Zoo
- Please be aware of high touch areas
- Please maintain social distancing
Friends of Sunset Zoo Membership Information
Please consider purchasing a membership online. This will accelerate your entrance and minimize contact between individuals.
Purchase memberships here: www.sunsetzoo.com
If you are not a member, we will be selling admission tickets in two hour timed blocks to limit attendance to no more than 240 persons in the Zoo at one time. This is 50% capacity at identified viewing spaces throughout the Zoo. This guideline will remain active until further notice.
Note: Memberships have been extended for the same duration that we were closed. Memberships that expired in that time period are still valid. You can still use your current card with an old expiration date.
We are currently working to update your membership expiration date through our database. For questions about this extension please email our Membership Coordinator.
Donations make a difference for us.
Especially during these extraordinary circumstances, we count on our members and their support. Should you wish to make a donation to us you are always able to do so at Sunset Zoo directly or online. Online donations support our Expedition Asia project, the Zoo's largest expansion effort to rediscover tigers, sloth bears, and leopards.
Dedicated Reopening Days just for our members!
With our reopening, we have dedicated two days specifically for our members. These will be Tuesday, June 9, and Friday, June 12. To visit the Zoo you will just need to show your membership for admission. If you do not have a copy of your membership we can look that up for you. We do ask that you have a valid ID.